Across is back in FFXIV for Stormblood!
So awhile back we moved to Excalibur. We don’t really have a Free Company anymore… It’s more like, we have a raid group with a linkshell.
We wen’t on our bi-annual camping trip which was really awesome! We got to see some old and new faces which was a blast 🙂
It seems as though Across is in disarray with the absence of a new MMO and the void that has been created by FFXIV.
We have triumphed through so many games and content, and I know we will continue to do so throughout the years.
Woo! go us.
April: Diabolos population takes a huge dip in activity, the search begins for greener pastures.
May: Across switches servers to Excalibur and sets shop as a linkshell allowing the community to branch out into different free companies and establish a new social network on the server.
June: Expansion Patch 3.0 hits! Awesome!
July: Across camping trip at Patrick’s Point State Park California: 15 attendees from across the U.S hailing from as far as the East coast!
August: Static downs Savage Alex 1
September: Static downs Savage Alex 2
Welcome new friends!
Across is now on the hunt for eager new players exploring FFXIV!
With the shift in recent activity on the server, we have opened our doors and are inviting in preparation for new content. Everyone has been given the power to invite to the Free Company at this time to help bolster our numbers.
Much of our attention has gone to new players just getting their feet wet, but all classes and levels are welcome. If you want to recruit but aren’t sure how, feel free to ask either Excel or Kalcie for assistance as they have been recruiting with great success for the past few weeks.
Recruiting Ver.2 in Final Fantasy XIV has begun!
We are now on the hunt for a limited amount of players with the skills to play FFXIV.
Our new strategy is finding players by testing their skills beforehand.
Say hello to our newest member Nexah! Hopefully more to come in the next few weeks 🙂
Many people have given me feedback in game that we don’t do enough as a Free Company. In order to plan out organized raids/events, I need to know when people are available!
I’m requesting two types of availability:
1. When can you be available if called upon for raiding
2. Normal playing hours (if any)
3. How much time do you play/want to play FFXIV?
4. Special circumstances/requests
Where can you submit this availability you ask?
1. Post HERE on our forums! If you want to transcend being a “member” and actually become the core embodiment of Across, put in some effort and create an account on our site!
2. Send me an in-game mail with the requested info. This does require that you put me on your friends list, or you won’t be able to send anything!
3. On teamspeak! Tell me on our teamspeak server! This tool is not “just for raiding”. Many members rely on Teamspeak as a form of communication to grow and learn each other’s personality. Is it required? No. Would we love to see you on it? Yes.
4. Tell me in game! This is your last ditch effort. This may be difficult as I am a very active player and most likely will be occupied in one way or another. Just tell me your availability over FC chat, or whisper me if I’m out and about and not in town
WOW! So many ways! It’s almost like there’s no excuse not to be social and get involved with your free company!
This will help me plan things like Learn the Fight Night or Drinking Games to ensure there are people to play with!
It seems most people want a cohesive, active, and engaging free company, but the people responsible for making that a reality are its players! So help me help you and lets make Across grow.
Quick C&P of the patch notes for those who are too lazy to look them up.
Final Fantasy XIV 2.2 – Through the Maelstrom Patch notes:
Confirmed for 2.2
- New Coil turns which drops new Allagan gear [source]
- Leviathan (hard mode and extreme) [source] 
- 1 new dungeon (ruins of amdapor) [source]
- 2 new hard mode dungeons: Brayflox + Halatali [source]
- New Hildebrand story [source]
- New story missions, probably leading up to Leviathan. (source needed)
- Extreme mode King Moogle [source]
- Kobold and Sahagin dailies [source]
- New currency like Philo and Myth (source needed)
- New artifact armor (source needed)
- Vanity system (Mirage Prism) [source]
- Expansion of the dye system (source needed)
- Crafters will be able to alter gear designs using a “template” system (official name TBD) [source]
- Wait command in macros will be allowed in-line. [source] [now in patch 2.16]
- Free Company alliances [source] 
- New hair styles (Yoshi-P has said each major patch will have a main focus on a single race) (source needed)
- Ability to indicate number of items to store in a retainer [source]
- A retainer can be hired for a Free Company’s estate “From patch 2.2 onward” [source]
- Ability to hide (again) quests from the HUD duty list [source]
- Change luminary Workbench and table visuals [source]
Confirmed to be coming, unconfirmed for 2.2
- Echo buff added to older content (Including Coil) [source]
- Frontlines PVP system [source] (unconfirmed for 2.2, but mentioned to be around 2.2 or 2.3)
- Personal housing (Most likely not in 2.2) (source needed)
- A third retainer (source needed)
- Ability to queue for Crystal Tower with 24 people (source needed)
- Addon support (Originally mentioned to be 6 months after launch. Currently unconfirmed for 2.2 though) (source needed)
- 64-bit clients (Confirmed to be built due to development for the PS4 being 64-bit as well. Currently unconfirmed for 2.2) [source]
- DX11 to be added well after 2.2, even after the next expansion [source]
- 4k Resolution support [source @5:16]
- Ability to queue in duty roulette with multiple people [source]
- Chimera and Hydra added to duty finder [source – patch 2.16]
- Teleport map [source]