EA announced today that the fabled Simcity 2.0 patch will be available on April 22nd. Here is a quick C&P of the update from the official forums:
• Mayors Mansion: Mayors will now drive their fancy cars to work. Mayors will take their helicopter, limo, or sports car if the modules are present.
• HUD: Now color-corrects when in a colorblind mode.
• Data map: Data maps show the filtered color when a color filter is enabled (unless in a colorblind mode)
Fixes and Updates
• Cities not Processing: Mitigates some of the issues that were causing cities not to process. We are continuing to work on and improve this issue.
• Region Filters: Now sorts regions with available cities to the top
• Invitations: Invitations to join a region should be sent and received more quickly.
• Tourism: Fixes for unexplained fluctuation of tourists. Tourists more smartly counted on transit.
– Cruise ships are now more effective at bringing medium and high wealth tourists in coastal cities.
– New tourists will now decide to come into a city once leaving tourists reach train stations, bus depots, or cruise ship docs instead of waiting for those tourists to go out to the region first.
– This change will reduce the downtime of tourist buildings.
• Casinos: Casinos tuned so that Gambling will be a more profitable specialty. Players can bulldoze and replace existing casinos to see effects of tuning.
– The larger casinos now invite more tourists into the city which helps keep them full.
– Note that existing casinos will need to be replaced to take advantage of this change.
• More Casinos: Raised module limit on Sci-Fi and Sleek Casinos to 6 modules.
• Region Play: Cash gifts can now be received in a bankrupt city.
• Education: Fixed school buses getting stuck at the high school. Existing Schools will fix themselves.
• Education: Fixed school buses picking up students at neighboring cities that didn’t have school bus stops.
• Education: Fix to more accurately track regional student population.
• Education: Fix where kids leaving the school bus stop would teleport to the nearest pedestrian path instead of walking directly into the school.
• Education: University wings now give the proper bonus.
• Recycling: Fix for the Recycling Center where it would sometimes stop working, recycling services will visit other cities.
• Air pollution: Fixed issue where air pollution would appear to come from nowhere. Fix issues where your regional air pollution would be reflected back into your box for a double penalty.
• Fire Service: Fire Trucks don’t clump, dispatch to fires more efficiently.
• Water: Water pumps are now capable of pumping water from rivers at a larger radius so they can take better advantage of the water table in a city.
• Disasters: Cooldown for random disasters: Some players were getting hit too frequently with random disasters, this introduces a cooldown where no random disasters will occur.
• Trade: Fix for trade ports that suddenly stop shipping.
• Transit: Street Cars and Buses go to high volume stops first.
• Transit: A city with residents and public transit will now provide the accurate amount of workers and shoppers to its neighbors.
• Transit: A transit vehicle stuck in a pick-up or drop off loop will now go back to a garage instead of trying to pick up more people.
– Transit vehicles should recover automatically after the update. If players want to force the recovery, turn off the stops that are having looping issues, wait a few game hours, then turn them back on.
• Transit: Neighbors buses will now come in lower numbers into the city and do a better job at picking up local passengers first.
• Residential Tuning: Residential-only cities have failure state.
– Buildings are prevented from going up in density when they don’t have power or water.
– The amount of happiness gained from low taxes, police, fire, and health outreach has been lowered.
– Fixed some cases where buildings would not go abandoned when they should have.
– Higher density residential buildings are no longer blocked from going abandoned due to not having enough money.
– Happiness from low taxes does not double up every time it is given.
– Losing happiness due to not having a job is more impactful.
• Budgets: Fixed bug that prevented systems like fire, abandonment, garbage, and sewage from turning on when they were supposed to.
• Audio: Fixes issue where audio will stop working after creating a large city or where phantom audio sounds play in a city.
• Demolish: Fixes issue that occurred when players demolished buildings that had service vehicles, delivery vehicles, or agents out in the city or region. Previously, the agents would be in a state of limbo and would not recover when new buildings of that type were placed. This will no longer happen.
Because this is our first significant Update, we wanted to inform you in advance that we’ll be taking down all servers for a few hours while these changes are being issued. Choosing a time to issue a major Update is never easy, but after looking our peak player time, we’ve concluded 1pm PST is the best window for us to make these improvements. As you can see from the list above, the wait will be worth it.
The new Tomb Raider comes out on March 2nd. As indicated from previous posts I’ve been fairly excited about this release. You can check out the Video Game Awards exclusive trailer we posted back in December, or if you feel that your body is ready, you can watch the first ever game review of Tomb Raider by Conan O’Brien:
If you pre-order off Steam you get 10% off, a free copy of Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light which offers co-op missions, a bonus mission for Tomb Raider “Tomb of the Lost Adventurer,” and “Shanty Town Multiplayer Map” for Tomb Raider. Make sure to pick this up fast because this deal in gone in just a couple of hours.
Bioware — noted for being more progressive in games for their same-sex romance options has been taking flak in the past year for leaving those features out in their release of Star Wars The Old Republic. While Bioware has been promising the addition of gay content since release, many anticipated the features as subtle additional romance options for the Dating-Sim like options in the story line progression – If only.
Enter the fabulous planet of Makeb, home to 100% of the galaxy’s homosexual population. Calling this “inelegant” is putting it mildly–it seems like BioWare has effectively segregated every gay Star Wars character to a single planet. Honestly, the thought is there, and that’s what’s really important. The Old Republic executive producer Jeff Hickman explained that giving LGBT characters a more natural place in the game is much more difficult than it sounds:
“Unfortunately, this will take a lot more work than we realized at the time and it (like some other pieces of content we talked about earlier in the year) has been delayed as we focused on the changes required to take the game Free-to-Play. As we have said in the past, allowing same gender romance is something we are very supportive of.”
The community is hoping that this is just a clumsy first step for The Old Republic, and that they can eventually bring things (at least) to the level of Mass Effect, which just treats gay people like people and doesn’t make a big damn deal about it. I for one cannot wait to re-download the game and explore the planet before EA uses the Death Star to erase it from existence.
Across’ new year resolution for 2013 is to … SURVIVE!
If you always thought Oregon Trail could have been better with zombies …
This version is a bit more brutal
… He kept getting dysentery anyways!
Check it out
So to all you lucky Alpha testers out there I say have fun, me on the other hand… Well I will be filling my time with another game
The question is, who is going to play this game with me? I have an IRL friend trying to set his account up as I type this.
The server will be Asura, my character name is undecided for the moment, let me know on TS if you want to play this game as a filler.
.:Note:. The game is currently 20$ on steam and comes with everything you should need, this price may go down here in a few days when Steams winter sale hits.