Welcome new friends!
Across is now on the hunt for eager new players exploring FFXIV!
With the shift in recent activity on the server, we have opened our doors and are inviting in preparation for new content. Everyone has been given the power to invite to the Free Company at this time to help bolster our numbers.
Much of our attention has gone to new players just getting their feet wet, but all classes and levels are welcome. If you want to recruit but aren’t sure how, feel free to ask either Excel or Kalcie for assistance as they have been recruiting with great success for the past few weeks.
Quick C&P of the patch notes for those who are too lazy to look them up.
Final Fantasy XIV 2.2 – Through the Maelstrom Patch notes:
Confirmed for 2.2
- New Coil turns which drops new Allagan gear [source]
- Leviathan (hard mode and extreme) [source] 
- 1 new dungeon (ruins of amdapor) [source]
- 2 new hard mode dungeons: Brayflox + Halatali [source]
- New Hildebrand story [source]
- New story missions, probably leading up to Leviathan. (source needed)
- Extreme mode King Moogle [source]
- Kobold and Sahagin dailies [source]
- New currency like Philo and Myth (source needed)
- New artifact armor (source needed)
- Vanity system (Mirage Prism) [source]
- Expansion of the dye system (source needed)
- Crafters will be able to alter gear designs using a “template” system (official name TBD) [source]
- Wait command in macros will be allowed in-line. [source] [now in patch 2.16]
- Free Company alliances [source] 
- New hair styles (Yoshi-P has said each major patch will have a main focus on a single race) (source needed)
- Ability to indicate number of items to store in a retainer [source]
- A retainer can be hired for a Free Company’s estate “From patch 2.2 onward” [source]
- Ability to hide (again) quests from the HUD duty list [source]
- Change luminary Workbench and table visuals [source]
Confirmed to be coming, unconfirmed for 2.2
- Echo buff added to older content (Including Coil) [source]
- Frontlines PVP system [source] (unconfirmed for 2.2, but mentioned to be around 2.2 or 2.3)
- Personal housing (Most likely not in 2.2) (source needed)
- A third retainer (source needed)
- Ability to queue for Crystal Tower with 24 people (source needed)
- Addon support (Originally mentioned to be 6 months after launch. Currently unconfirmed for 2.2 though) (source needed)
- 64-bit clients (Confirmed to be built due to development for the PS4 being 64-bit as well. Currently unconfirmed for 2.2) [source]
- DX11 to be added well after 2.2, even after the next expansion [source]
- 4k Resolution support [source @5:16]
- Ability to queue in duty roulette with multiple people [source]
- Chimera and Hydra added to duty finder [source – patch 2.16]
- Teleport map [source]
2/25/2014 Turn 5 The Binding Coil of Bahamut was downed by an all Across run!
We sure have had a fun time working hard to make our FC’s housing looking unique. Here is a fun slideshow I put together highlighting our progress and the fun process that we have had making the housing our home!
As Novembeard draws to a close, I’d like to give my appreciation to those MANLY MEN who “didn’t afraid” of itchy and unmanageable scruff till the very end. From work beard masks to close shaves with job interviews, Across has never been more MAN than it has been this month. I implore you to check out the Across Facebook Fan Page to witness the progress and overall awesomeness that has sprouted over these past few weeks.
For you true Turkey loving patriots who follow non-maple syrup stained calendars – I wish you a Happy Thanksgiving!
Over the next few weeks Across will be ramping up with activity in preparation for the 2.1 patch! Check in often to keep up with the latest updates! We’ll go over the information released this week shortly!
First week with new tanks running Bahamut’s Coil and turn 4 downed! Amazing job guys! The optimism levels are sky high with this new group!