Welcome new friends!
Across is now on the hunt for eager new players exploring FFXIV!
With the shift in recent activity on the server, we have opened our doors and are inviting in preparation for new content. Everyone has been given the power to invite to the Free Company at this time to help bolster our numbers.
Much of our attention has gone to new players just getting their feet wet, but all classes and levels are welcome. If you want to recruit but aren’t sure how, feel free to ask either Excel or Kalcie for assistance as they have been recruiting with great success for the past few weeks.
Recruiting Ver.2 in Final Fantasy XIV has begun!
We are now on the hunt for a limited amount of players with the skills to play FFXIV.
Our new strategy is finding players by testing their skills beforehand.
Say hello to our newest member Nexah! Hopefully more to come in the next few weeks 🙂
Quick C&P of the patch notes for those who are too lazy to look them up.
Final Fantasy XIV 2.2 – Through the Maelstrom Patch notes:
Confirmed for 2.2
- New Coil turns which drops new Allagan gear [source]
- Leviathan (hard mode and extreme) [source] 
- 1 new dungeon (ruins of amdapor) [source]
- 2 new hard mode dungeons: Brayflox + Halatali [source]
- New Hildebrand story [source]
- New story missions, probably leading up to Leviathan. (source needed)
- Extreme mode King Moogle [source]
- Kobold and Sahagin dailies [source]
- New currency like Philo and Myth (source needed)
- New artifact armor (source needed)
- Vanity system (Mirage Prism) [source]
- Expansion of the dye system (source needed)
- Crafters will be able to alter gear designs using a “template” system (official name TBD) [source]
- Wait command in macros will be allowed in-line. [source] [now in patch 2.16]
- Free Company alliances [source] 
- New hair styles (Yoshi-P has said each major patch will have a main focus on a single race) (source needed)
- Ability to indicate number of items to store in a retainer [source]
- A retainer can be hired for a Free Company’s estate “From patch 2.2 onward” [source]
- Ability to hide (again) quests from the HUD duty list [source]
- Change luminary Workbench and table visuals [source]
Confirmed to be coming, unconfirmed for 2.2
- Echo buff added to older content (Including Coil) [source]
- Frontlines PVP system [source] (unconfirmed for 2.2, but mentioned to be around 2.2 or 2.3)
- Personal housing (Most likely not in 2.2) (source needed)
- A third retainer (source needed)
- Ability to queue for Crystal Tower with 24 people (source needed)
- Addon support (Originally mentioned to be 6 months after launch. Currently unconfirmed for 2.2 though) (source needed)
- 64-bit clients (Confirmed to be built due to development for the PS4 being 64-bit as well. Currently unconfirmed for 2.2) [source]
- DX11 to be added well after 2.2, even after the next expansion [source]
- 4k Resolution support [source @5:16]
- Ability to queue in duty roulette with multiple people [source]
- Chimera and Hydra added to duty finder [source – patch 2.16]
- Teleport map [source]
A New Years Final Fantasy news letter was spotted today on The Lodestone. Key mentions were: “PlayStation 4 is full steam ahead” which will lead to the DirectX 11 graphics engine update. Also mentioned was “We’re already waist deep in work for patch 2.2 as well. Leviathan is preparing to unleash his fury on Eorzea, new quests, items, and recipes are being added, and the Binding Coil of Bahamut will see additional twists and turns. Oh, and in case you were wondering, the keyword for 2.2 is looking to be “Maelstrom.” Your guess is as good as mine for that last bit. Sounds promising!
I’d like to thank all our members for being fairly awesome this past half year and I look forward to continue playing with all of you next year as well! A very special thanks to those you giving donations for the Across Mansion! Keep it up! We’re always looking for new ways to earn revenue so if you have an ideas speak up! Right now we have a new prospect of farming high level 8-man Maps and donating everything earned to the Free Company, it’s pretty fun! If you’re looking for a laid back group activity that helps the FC talk to Monk or Felorr. Feel free to ask about our other activities as well!
To those of you not too trashed to get on during National Hangover day expect new years resolutions and a rehash of horror stories of the worst things that we did/happened to us during 2013 on teamspeak! I can’t wait to hear Raymus’ new years resolution to not dissapear in 2014!
Have fun tonight guys! #YOLO
First week with new tanks running Bahamut’s Coil and turn 4 downed! Amazing job guys! The optimism levels are sky high with this new group!