This past Letter from the Producer Live had a wide variety of information spanning from how YoshiP role plays as a high school girl, to the dates of Phase 4 and Early Access so lets just jump right in.
For the complete Q&A translation go here
Below is a list of what I found important out of the two and a half hour live letter;
-Fishing was displayed, from the looks of things its a very basic cast and reel RNG system with little interaction like the other craft/gathering classes. It was noted that fishing will not have a big impact on the economy so if you plan on doing this for Gil I would suggest something else.
-While as a fisherman it will display spots you can fish on the map, The size of the fish will also display once your reel it in. YoshiP also stated that what type of bait you use where/when will have a big impact on your success.
-Open beta is set for the 16th-19th (starts on the 17th for those who have not played the previous betas)
-The Level cap for open beta is set at level 20
-Early Access will be the 24-26th (They do not plan on shutting the servers down before release)
-Basic PvP will be in Phase 4 however none of the PvP specific skills will be implemented at this time. Full release of the PvP content is set for patch 2.1 (October)
-Arcanist was confirmed for Phase 4
>Pet doesn’t slowly drain MP like in XI
>Arcanist is a DPS class
>You have a skill to posistion your pet where you want
>3 Summoner egi at launch are Ifrit,Garuda,Titan. Ifrit is close range DPS, Garuda is long range magic DPS, Titan is a tank.
– There will be Paid server transfers available shortly after launch
– The smartphone/tablet app they are working on is called Libra Eorzea which will work like any other database site. The app will also be free for all XIV players.
– You will be able to change your hair style/color, face mark/color and beards with the Barber they plan on adding in Patch 2.1
– Bahamut’s labyrinth was said to involve 8 players
– Crystal tower is planned to use 24 players, this instance was pushed back to the 2.1 patch due to it being too difficult.
– Classes are said to get different mounts in class quests. YoshiP showed off a unicorn that WHM seems to get.
– YoshiP stated that it should take around 6 months before they start to allow/make official add-ons for the game
-Veteran rewards are also planned based on your sub time.
(30days) A floating Cursor minion and a character remodel ticket
(60days) Black swimware/”heat resistant” gear and a black chocobo chick
(90days) gets you a floating eye bat minion and a floating airman mount along with everything above.
So if you pay for 90 days right from the start you get everything right away, other then that you will have to slowly build up to them.
This concludes all the important info I summed up out of the last live letter. The full translation of the questions was linked up above so be sure to check those out when you have the time.